Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue


All first-year undergraduate students living on campus are required to purchase the Tennessee Unlimited 7 or the Tennessee Unlimited 5.

Upper class residents and all commuters may choose from any of the UT Dining Plans.

All other undergraduate students (students taking 6 credit hours or more), will be enrolled in the $300 Flex Plan.

Students who purchase a Dining Plan will be exempt from the Flex Plan.

Dining Dollars spend like cash and may be used at all Vol Dining locations, including convenience stores. Dining Dollars roll over from the Fall to the Spring semester and you may add more at any time.

Add Dining Dollars.

You may use the $300 Flex Plan at all Vol Dining locations, including restaurants and convenience stores.

At the end of the semester, you may leave unused dollars in your Flex Plan account, request a refund, or request the funds to roll over into your VolCard account here: MyUTK portal.

Flex Plan dollars do not stay on the Flex Plan from Spring to Fall, and will be automatically rolled over into your VolCard account if you do not request otherwise.

Dining Dollars, Flex Plan dollars, and VolCard dollars may be used at all Vol Dining locations, including convenience stores, dining halls, and restaurants on campus.

In addition to this, VolCard dollars may be used for all other on-campus purchases such as printers, vending machines, books, etc. VolCard dollars may also be used at participating off-campus merchants.

Do you have a food allergy or dietary need?

Before speaking with Dining Services, you must register with Student Disability Services.

Student Disability Services or Call – 865-974-6087

Report your lost or stolen VolCard to the VolCard Office immediately, or call 865-974-3430. You may still use your dining account at Vol Dining locations if you can show proof of your identity (i.e.: your driver’s license), and we can verify that you have a Meal Plan in our system. We will issue you a meal pass that may be used at PCB Café, Fresh Food Company, or Southern Kitchen. You will need to visit the Vol Dining office in the Presidential Court Building, to receive your Meal Pass.

The Vol Dining office is open Monday — Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. One Dining Pass will be issued per meal period. You will not be able to use your Dining Dollars until you either find your VolCard or have a new VolCard made.

Yes, the dining locations on campus accept credit, Dining Dollars, Flex Plan dollars and VolCard dollars.

Dining Plans are billed with tuition and may be covered by financial aid, grants, and/or scholarships.